Hey Healthy Revenger!
Ever have a toooonnnn of bananas left over but don’t want to throw them out? All of a sudden my kiddos won’t eat them and I only eat a half at a time, so instead of throwing the bunch away, I went looking for a good recipe.
Side note: I am not a fan of baking or cooking solely because I hate the clean up…it’s the truth-ha!
The recipe below popped up on the Goodful FB page and then I went searching a little more and found it in the Tasty app too…both I highly recommend you follow and get!
Let me just tell you…my kids loved it AND there is no processed sugar in the recipe—DOUBLE MOM WIN!!!
Dark Chocolate Banana Bread (originated from Buzzfeed and the Tasty app)
Makes: about 10 slices
3 ripe bananas
½ cup 2% plain Greek yogurt
⅓ cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup wheat flour
½ cup dark cocoa powder
½ cup chocolate chips (I used vegan carob chips)
1. Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
2. In a medium bowl, mash bananas. Mix eggs, yogurt, honey, vanilla extract, and baking soda into mixture.
3. Add flour, dark cocoa powder and mix.
4. Add chocolate chips and gently fold into mixture.
5. Pour the batter into a greased 9×5-inch bread pan. Bake for about 45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the middle of the bread. (Baking times may vary, so keep an eye on the bread.)
6. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before serving!
Tell me in the comments…what have you made with extra bananas?
Are we connected on Instagram? Listen girl, that’s where you’ll find my (back)stories and soooo much more fun! Follow me and reach out!